WooCommerce is a WordPress plugin for creating webshops.
We made several modifications of the functionality of WooCommerce, including the following ones:
- Customized the order creation path;
- Changed the way of displaying the shopping cart and checkout pages. – Changed the item appearance;
- Implemented the calculation of taxes and shipping costs, depending on different order parameters;
- Created the functionality for displaying a limited list of delivery and payment methods, depending on the different order parameters;
- Added custom parameters (such as urgency, complexity) to the order to calculate the total cost depending on them.
While customizing the plugin, we used the additional, separate extensions without changing the code of the plugin itself. Also, we widely used actions and filters. It allowed us to avoid any plugin instabilities which might be caused by code modifications.