The Point of Sale unit is a retail terminal used on betting sites for accepting and recording bets, as well as assisting with financial operations and shift management. POS is equipped with barcode scanner and printer. This retail terminal is running on Ubuntu and launched in kiosk mode in order to prevent customers from tabbing out of the application or browsing other resources.
The main features are:
- display the list of active events (sports, horse racing, lucky numbers, instant lotteries, virtual games) and the odds for various markets;
- accept bets on sports, horse racing, lucky numbers, instant lotteries and virtual games;
- print tickets with bet-related details;
- print receipts which contain information about financial transactions (related to wagers);
- allow the user to keep track of cash flow;
- provide tickets payout option after scanning them;
- shift management.